Terrawatu is proud to say that when we celebrated our 10-Year anniversary in 2011, the majority of our projects were already self-sustainable and the others were in need of modest amounts of funding to maintain their growth. In our 20 years of experience, we have learned to stream-line project development to make the biggest impact. In other words, a little goes a long way with Terrawatu. For the last few years, directors of orphanages, schools and community networks have sought out our expertise to guide them in their project development, accelerating improvements in livelihoods across the region.
Our current initiatives build upon our years of experience and our strong relationships with local communities in Tanzania:
- Food & Medicine/Health Security -- Chakula na Dawa Usalama, Terrawatu's Signature Project for its 20th Anniversary Year.
- Kibowa Orphanage -- construction of orphanage, offices and kitchen as well as support of education and living expenses for orphans.
- Natema School Project -- construction of classrooms at Natema Primary School including a tech center with latest mobile technology.
- Consulting -- providing consulting services for organizations and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs working in Tanzania and the sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Local Income Generation -- building businesses and nurturing entrepreneurship with youth and women.